Ex-referee Iturralde Gonzalez reveals he was pressured by Real Madrid

On Sunday night, former referee Eduardo Iturralde Gonzalez made scandalous revelations on the Spanish radio show Cadena SER. The Basque said that Florentino Perez tried to lock him in a room and put pressure on him to ask him to referee Real Madrid in the same manner as Barcelona. It was during the 2010-11 season after a match against Deportivo La Coruna.
The former referee's confession stems from his criticism of Real Madrid TV for the campaign launched against another former referee, Clos Gomez. "It is the modus operandi of this television station," he explained. "Since they are journalists, who called me to a separate room? Investigate it.” Iturralde continued: "He is from Real Madrid. I asked him if he was joking and told him that our conversation is over. He wanted to bring me in a room alone, but I said no. I told him not to do that. Half an hour later, the Technical Committee of Referees (CTA) knew about it. I brought it to their attention, because it seemed serious to me; but there was nothing else to it. It hasn't happened to me on any other time; no president has brought me in a separate room,” Iturralde concluded. “I care about the facts. The one who brought me in a separate room was Florentino Perez. I don't have to hide it. There is a report filed at the CTA, because I brought it to their attention, so they can see what pressure is."