Copa Libertadores record for Roldan

Colombian Wilmar Roldan (41) recently became the referee with the most matches in the history of the Copa Libertadores. Defensa y Justicia - Palmeiras was his 89th match in South America's top international club competition, surpassing Carlos Amarilla (Paraguay), who retired with 88 games.
Roldan referee spoke with Antena 2's ‘The Ball Owners’ and stated that he was very proud of such an important achievement. “Becoming the referee with the most matches refereed historically is very important to me. I thank all the people who have believed in me, my family and God. I will continue to improve day-by-day to raise the reputation of Colombian and CONMEBOL refereeing. I will continue to prepare for whatever comes my way". Professional referee since 2003, Roldan received his FIFA badge in January 2008, when he was only 28, and has been considered by CONMEBOL as one of their top referees, being named the best South American referee in 2013. Roldan refereed three Libertadores finals in 2012, 2013 and 2014. 

Source: Antena 2