“Fighting Sleep” with A-League referee King

They are the fastest people football fans often criticize, but behind every referee are those who have to make sometimes controversial decisions to live. Alex King has been in the A-League since late 2017 and has emerged as one of the best players in the tournament. King, a good communicator on the pitch, often sees phone calls to players, but everyone seems to make occasional mistakes. He made two decisions this season between the Central Coast Mariners and Brisbane Roar, but was eventually rejected by VAR.
That encounter and King’s referee’s journey was a recent subject of the A-League Behind the Game, an official series that admits that he often suffers from sleep after a match because he provided some unusual insights into one of the most difficult tasks of football. “I keep the decision in mind. When players get emotional, coaches, spectators-it’s just about learning to deal with it,” King said. “My main focus is to promote interesting contests. That’s my main mantra. Technically, I’m probably not the best referee, but my male management is in the field of football. It overcomes many challenges. For me, it’s the relationship I build through football with my coach and players. That’s what I like. I can take the best seats on the ground and watch some really cool football. We are just as responsible as anyone else doing sports work. We make some big decisions that are potentially incorrect. We miss our promises. Usually after a match, I’m struggling to sleep just because your mind thinks ”Did you do this better or should you do it?“ Football is an emotional sport that makes players emotional, like coaches, spectators, and everything else. In my personality, I like it and try not to make mistakes…”