Trentalange elected new AIA president

At the end of the AGM, broadcasted online and followed by over 2000 viewers, the results of the polls confirmed the election of Alfredo Trentalange as the new president of the Italian Referees Association (AIA). With 193 votes, he defeated the outgoing president Marcello Nicchi, totaling 60.31% of the votes. 
“A big thank you to all those who made my election possible, and a special thanks to Marcello Nicchi. He taught me a lot more than what was said. I owe it to him, because the path he followed was full of values, commitment, and what he gave to this association will remain forever in my heart”. These were the first words of Alfredo Trentalange, newly elected President of the Italian Referees Association. “Today let's try to team up - he added - you are my presidents, you are AIA, please call me President only if there are problems; otherwise call me Alfredo. We must confront each other as in a locker room and tell each other everything we have in our hearts. Outside we have to be models for the young referees. We have had other people in front of us who have been models and I believe that we must give back to young people what others have given us; it is not difficult, it can be done. We are like trees, we can lose the leaves but keep the roots. We can change ideas while keeping the principles intact”.

Source: AIA