30 years since Stoichkov’s famous stomp on referee Urizar's foot

On 5 December 1990, the Spanish Super Cup match between FC Barcelona and Real Madrid was played at the Camp Nou. Bulgarian player Hristo Stoichkov, who had arrived at the Catalan club six months earlier, became the protagonist of that match by stomping on the referee Urizar Azpitarte’s foot. 
“It all started with a strong tackle from Chendo on Stoichkov near the Barça bench. Chendo was strong, but he didn't touch him. He started to protest and Cruyff came off the bench swinging his arms and asking for a card. On that day, Cruyff had put two kids on defense (Alex and Herrera) and it didn't go well. They lost 0-1 and it was minute 39. With his protests, he wanted to throw the public on top of me to take advantage of it. I told him that Chendo had not touched Stoichkov and asked him not to protest any more or I would kick him out. He responded that I was not going to dare to throw him out at the Camp Nou. And I kicked him out, yes, kicked him out. Then Stoichkov began to protest louder. He insisted that Chendo hit him and I said no. And I admonished him. Then he told me something, so I gave him the second yellow and sent him off. He approached me and I notified Rodolfo Peris, the Barça delegate, to take the Bulgarian off. At that moment, unexpectedly, he stepped on my foot. At first, I couldn't believe it, but when it started to hurt, I believed it. I finished the first half as best I could and then, in the dressing room, I was attended by Angel Mur. I had a wound because the studs were made of aluminum. That was a like a bomb around the world. I had seven uncles in Venezuela and they all called me to find out what had happened to me. They called me from the Federation to testify. I told them that Stoichkov was wrong, but that he was a good kid. He came from the East and there young people had to get tough very soon. And I told them that he had apologized, which was not true, but I said it because I believed that it was early and that he should not be destroyed... He was suspended 12 games. And see what life is, we eventually got together at an event and we hit it off. He even gave me the boots with which he stepped on me along with his dedicated book".