Baldassi and Ronaldinho's boots

The former international referee and now National Deputy, Hector Baldassi, left some pearls in his dialogue with the program “4 a la Barrera”, which comes out on Thursdays at 10 pm on FM La Ranchada. "I cannot comment on the level of refereeing at present, because I am within the CONMEBOL Referees Committee and consider it unethical. All I can say is that the elite referees must know how to live with the error. Compensating for an error is the worst remedy, because it triggers more and more mistakes. So, in my opinion, the best Argentine referee is Patricio Loustau", said Baldassi. “Demystifying the role of the referee. I had a contract with Nike, I did commercials, I went to TV and to this day they laugh at the guy's joke (in relation to his time on the Mar de Fondo program). I was always true to my style", he added. 
Then, he reviewed some of the best moments of his time as a referee. He chose between Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi and he told the incredible anecdote of the day that ended with the booties and the shirt of the Brazilian Ronaldinho. “I refereed Cristiano Ronaldo in Spain against Portugal, in the World Cup round of 16. A world reference, anyway, the best is Messi”, he was sincere. "He did not play at that World Cup, but the player who struck me the most on the field of play was Ronaldinho, whom I had refereed in the Qualifiers, in Brazil. That day I received his shirt and boots as a souvenir. I don't wear the boots because I know I'm going to break the magic”. 

Source: La Voz