Djamel Haimoudi announces international retirement

Following his participation at the 2014 FIFA World Cup in Brazil, the Algerian referee Djamel Haimoudi announces his international retirement. "I am glad to have made ​​such a career. I think that it cannot be a better end. Taking my international retirement after a World Cup where I refereed four games, including the third place match, will remain a very important moment in my career", said Haimoudi, according to several news sites.
Djamel Haimoudi officiated four matches at the 2014 World Cup. He does not hide his pride at having been appointed by FIFA to the match for third place. "It allowed me to leave my international career through the front door. Appointing me for the third place match means that the FIFA Referee Committee trusts me and it honors me greatly. It is also a great honor for the African refereeing", said Haimoudi. He does not rule out the possibility of, one day, joining the referees committee of the Algerian Football Federation, if they want to use his services.

Source: TSA