Seneme retires early to join CONMEBOL Referees Committee

Former World Cup referee candidate Wilson Seneme (BRA, 44) decided to retire early in order to accept the proposal to replace his countryman Salvio Fagundes as a member of the CONMEBOL Referees Committee.
On the FIFA List since 2006, Seneme (photo) refereed 31 international matches, including a Copa Sudamericana final, 4 games at the 2011 FIFA U-20 World Cup. As a pre-selected referee for the 2014 FIFA World Cup, Wilson Seneme refereed 3 qualifiers, but then he was removed from the list (and replaced by Ricci) due to failing the fitness test. “At 44, I feel that I am ready for new challenges. When I was presented with the opportunity to join the CONMEBOL Referees Committee, I accepted because I want to use my practical experience in developing South American refereeing”, said Seneme for ESPN Brazil. “I believe that I did my best as a referee. I made mistakes, like any other referee, but I was honest and I did more positive things. Now it is the time to use my experience in developing younger referees”. 
The CONMEBOL Referees Committee is currently composed by chairman Carlos Alarcon (PAR) and members Ernesto Filippi (URU), Abel Gnecco (ARG), Wilson Seneme (BRA), Alberto Tejada (PER). 

Source: Arbitro Internacional