CONMEBOL Recopa referee Maza denounced by his wife on social media

A serious complaint against FIFA referee Piero Maza (Chile) was released hours before his top continental appointment, CONMEBOL Recopa 2023. His wife, Pollett Lopez, accused Maza of domestic violence through social networks. In addition, she claims that the referee did not grant her a divorce and characterized him as "promiscuous".
On her Instagram account, Lopez posted several images to accompany her complaint. In one of the pictures, she has a neck wound. "My beautiful New Year 2022, with my neck in these conditions because Mr. Piero Maza had too many drinks and that took all the aggressiveness out of him," she wrote. "But it was my fault for not having denounced it earlier, for allowing me to always be the crazy and sick one. It's over. Does this kind of referee impart justice in our country's matches? Piero Maza, give me my freedom, give me my divorce!", she added.
"I implored him, I begged him 'let's do this the good way'. He earns approximately 5 million pesos a month, counting the CONMEBOL matches, and he refuses to give his wife 350,000 pesos a month for support. Now, I don't want anything, just my freedom, and he refuses to give it to me. He forces me to stay married", she continued. 
"For me it is something very sad and the truth is embarrassing to have to make public these horrific and degrading things toward my person like the ones I have just uploaded. But despair makes a wise parson behave like a mad person and I am already desperate. He left home overnight, without giving me a financial contribution. He left me living from one day to the next in a house that costs 3 million pesos a month to be able to maintain it. He did not care about anything and began to enjoy his life dating many women", she added.
Lopez added a photo of alleged conversations by the referee through WhatsApp. "He wanted to sleep with all of Santiago and now the 'gentleman Piero Maza' refuses to give me a divorce and makes life impossible for his ex-lady", she wrote.

Source: RedGol