Baldassi confessed a bribery attempt

Former World Cup 2010 referee Hector Baldassi (Argentina), who is now member of the national parliament, confessed to Super Miter Deportivo that a First Division team official tried to bribe him, but he did not accept the money they offered him to help that team: "Sometimes, being in the First Division, they have offered me money. In the world of football we all know each other and I am sure that the team official who wanted to buy me but could not, would boasts of having bought you."
Baldassi also said that he was very surprised when he learned that, on 22 January 2020, he had a heart attack: "I didn't have time to get scared. I was in the gym when I felt pain in my chest: I thought it was muscular and I continued training. it continued to hurt. So I called the girl from CONMEBOL to ask for a doctor: there they told me it was a heart attack. I was never afraid of dying, I am not afraid of death."

Source: TyC Sports