Kuipers: "Don't know yet if I can, may or will continue in 2021"

"I have a FIFA badge until 31 December 2020. I don't know if I can, may or will want to continue for another six months", said Kuipers. "But postponing the European Championship was the only right decision", added the referee, who does not know whether he will be present at the Euro in 2021. "The most important thing now is to win this game against corona. After the summer I can give a definite answer about this", says the Netherlands' best referee. "I can say that I want to continue, but I need help from UEFA and the KNVB. After the World Cup in 2018, I thought it would have been nice to retire in terms of European and World Cups, but UEFA asked me - partly due to the introduction of the VAR - to be available for Euro 2020". 
In September or October, Kuipers will decide whether he can afford another year to focus more than 100% on the European Championship. The Oldenzaler is now leaning towards 'yes'. "I am mentally and physically super fit. But the most important thing now is to win this game against corona and to make sure everyone stays healthy". 

Source: De Telegraaf