Hațegan: “I had a cough and was scared, but the result is negative”

Ovidiu Hațegan had emotions after he and his team refereed the UEFA Champions League match Valencia – Atalanta, 3-4, on 10 March 2020. At the match in Spain, one of the last matches played before the end of competitions due to the Covid-19 pandemic, Hațegan was assisted by Octavian Șovre and Sebastian Gheorghe, while Sebastian Colțescu was the fourth official. Upon returning to Romania, all four were forced to go into isolation at home for 14 days. 
“We are all healthy, thank God! Among all of us, I was the only one who had any symptoms, in the sense that I had a dry cough. Not something serious, in other conditions I might not even notice. I admit, I was a little scared considering the fact that my wife is pregnant. I did the test and the result was negative. I had emotions, I was just waiting for the result. Thanks to all those who were interested in our health; we received many calls during this period. It's a difficult time for everyone, but it will pass. But we must be careful and protect ourselves and our loved ones! We will have time to do everything later, but now we have to take care of our health and nothing more! It's all that matters! Let us be responsible and respect the measures taken by the authorities”, said Hațegan. 

Source: FRF