The UEFA Referees Committee has appointed the 18 referees who will take charge of the 51 matches at UEFA Euro 2016.
The list of referees who have been selected:
1. Martin Atkinson (ENG, 1971)
2. Felix Brych (GER, 1975)
3. Cüneyt Cakir (TUR, 1976)
4. Mark Clattenburg (ENG, 1975)
5. William Collum (SCO, 1979)
6. Jonas Eriksson (SWE, 1974)
7. Ovidiu Hategan (ROU, 1980)
8. Sergei Karasev (RUS, 1979)
9. Viktor Kassai (HUN, 1975)
10. Pavel Kralovec (CZE, 1977)
11. Björn Kuipers (NED, 1973)
12. Szymon Marciniak (POL, 1981)
13. Milorad Mažić (SRB, 1973)
14. Svein Moen (NOR, 1979)
15. Nicola Rizzoli (ITA, 1971, photo)
16. Damir Skomina (SVN, 1976)
17. Clement Turpin (FRA, 1982)
18. Carlos Velasco Carballo (ESP, 1971)
As at UEFA Euro 2012 and in the European Qualifiers for UEFA Euro 2016, the referees will have added support through the deployment of additional assistant referees. Each refereeing team will consist of a referee, two assistant referees and two additional assistant referees. The majority of assistants and additional assistants will come from the same country as the referee. A third assistant referee will also be appointed and will stay on standby until the start of the tournament. The full referee teams will be announced in February 2016.
The preparation of the referees for UEFA Euro 2016 will include various courses and training activities, including:
• 26–28 January 2016 – UEFA assistant referee course in Cyprus.
• 1–5 February 2016 – UEFA's annual winter course with all UEFA Elite group referees, including the UEFA EURO 2016 referees. The referees will receive technical instructions, as well as physical training plans to follow until the final tournament.
• 18–22 April 2016 – UEFA Euro 2016 preparatory referee course in France. The referee 'quintets' will train together and undergo fitness tests and review the application of the technical instructions they have received.
The referee teams will arrive in France on 6 June 2016 for the final tournament.