Following the first seminar for prospective referees and assistant referees for the FIFA World Cup 2014 Brazil, held in Zurich, in September 2012, as part of the preparations for the World Cup, the selected match officials are now invited to attend a second seminar. FIFA also confirmed the updated list of prospective referees and assistant referees posted here on 27 February 2013.The seminars will be held in the confederations and are scheduled as follows:
- CONCACAF in Fort Lauderdale (USA): 4 – 7 April 2013
- CONMEBOL in Asuncion (Paraguay): 9 – 12 April 2013
- UEFA in Zurich (Switzerland): 16 – 19 April 2013
- AFC & OFC in Dubai (UAE): 22 – 25 April 2013
- CAF in Casablanca (Morocco): 27 – 30 April 2013
The seminars will focus on the following:
- Protecting players and the image of the game and fair-play
- Guarantee of decisional consistency and uniformity
- Reading the game (technical/tactical approach)
- Understanding different football mentalities (knowledge of teams).
After these seminars, FIFA will appoint referees for the 2013 selection tournaments: Confederations Cup, U-20 World Cup, U-17 World Cup and Club World Cup.